Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sayonara, Edge of the Universe


Goodbye, sunset on the water. I will give up palm trees that bend in tailored rows towards the sea. The proximity of waves and seagulls. The sand between my toes in a moment's notice. A 20 minute commute to work. My bathtub. The neighbor who my cats adore. I will give them all up gladly for a small patch of land to set a hammock on, a front porch, a room for music, and the rest of the city surrounding me with art, color, noise, and Life. And most importantly, nearby loved ones. I am creeping slowly towards the center of things. I hope for the strength to embrace every fucking bit of it. Bring it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mary said...

You got it baby! Can't wait to have you here....

11:57 PM  
Blogger adriana said...

Welcome to the fray.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home