Sunday, March 18, 2007

The First Person

One week ago my life was
As I expected it should be.
Today, theres just nothing
Absolutely nothing
One could do to shock me.

My very last post,
Tellingly,
Did not refer to "we",
Only "I".
Did I somehow see this coming?
And if so, why?

Everything you
Have read here-
Strike that-
Much of what
I have thought and said here

For the past 9 months
Has been a tragic lie
I just did not know it
A week ago.
Today the falsehoods die.

I cannot go into details
And it would do no good
To do so.
If you hadn't heard already,
It's just that I've been
Lied to.

And now,
For better or for worse,
There's no longer any "we".
Just lil' ol
Jilted
MCQ-T.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mary said...

Lady, You are one of the strongest, bravest, talented, beautiful and wonderful women I have ever had the fortune to know. And you will be just fine, as good as new, before you know it. And you have me to lean on, whenever you need. All of your friends are with you, and love you, so much. xo

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home