Sunday, January 14, 2007

Now With Machine Gun Mount!

Sam bought us a new toy for the New Year, and boy is it a doozy. It basically looks like this:



And is the coolest thing I have ever seen. It is a Russian reproduction of a Nazi German side car, and it is called a Ural. It doesn't like to go over 55 mph, and is tricky to steer, and turning right requires me to throw my weight around like a little monkey, but it is wonderful. Even the frequent shower of small sharp rocks in the face fills me with joy.

We wear half helmets and goggles and desperately need white silk scarves for this. Wherever we go, we make new friends. Harley people love it, Vespa people love it, and a man in a convertible in Malibu that I swear was Jude Law gave us the double thumbs up on it. Even hardcore gangstas in South Central have to crack a smile at this machine.

Now if the wind would die down a bit more we could go for a longer ride. Come on, Summer! Sam is going to ship it to Russia someday and do the whole Ewan McGregor thing. Craziness.

And yes, this actually does have a machine gun mount. Someday I'd like to get one of the telescoping machine guns my dad made back in the 70's and take this out to target practice.

Yee hee hee!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mary said...

Oh my. I seriously want to go for a ride in this thing. I'll make you some white scarfs. Aaron is gonna freak out.

4:06 PM  
Blogger tifanie said...

You are so cool- we were going to suprise you with it last weekend but I had to go and spill the beans. We'll bring it over on Saturday and Sam can take you for rides. Oh, I already ordered the scarves, too. Can't wait to see you.

7:49 AM  
Blogger adriana said...

you two are so flippin adorable. that is so rad.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home