testing...testing? I'm a suspicious little Pisces who doesn't trust the ether she is putting these words out through. Will this thing work, and why? Up until a few years ago I swore I'd never even own a computer. That was when I lived in Albuquerque, where I was Born. For those of you who don't know, that is in New Mexico- land of honey drenched sopapillas, green chile, and refried dreams. Now I live in "sunny" San Francisco, and have a cell phone, an MP3 player and 2 computers. And most importantly, a husband who is the most amazing being I've ever known...
So what ever happened to the 17 year old black-wearing bookworm who scribbled her angst-ridden poetry on Village Inn napkins till the wee hours of the morning, sucking down coffees with 5 sugars, who told herself she'd never find love and never wanted to anyway?
Well, my pets, she got happy in spite of herself.
She got lucky.
Someday I'll tell the whole story, but for now I will do the bit where I try to define or explain myself in some way in which I might come off as interesting, or a person you want to know. I will probably fail. So, here instead is a list of 5 things I did today that are indicative of my personality, or demonstrative of my current lifestyle. Just so you know who you are dealing with here.
1) Woke up at 8:30 and reset the alarm for 8:45. Then for 8:50. Then for 8:55. (This shows that blogger does not believe in the snooze button- too risky. She actually resets the alarm for 5-15 minute intervals, and does this virtually every morning. The reasoning is that she can not get out of bed upon the first alarm, and considers any subsequent time to be time she has somehow "stolen" and that she is getting away with something.)
2) Read some Henry Miller on the bus and felt slightly superior to everyone around me. (Blogger unaware that her fly was down until later that morning.)
3) Went hoarse trining a new employee on the finer points of the exciting world of retail jewelry sales. (Blogger manages a jewelry gallery, where customers constantly comment that she has the perfect name for her job. Get it- "Tifanie?" She does not find this as amusing as they seem to, and usually replies, "Yes, I guess this is my destiny." And then she and the customer both laugh, ha ha ha ha ha. She wonders if they get her sarcasm, or are mocking her to begin with anyway.)
4) Had my friend Gabe over to try on a silver dress, matching jacket, and afro wig. (This is rather atypical. Blogger made this outfit at her friend's request for an upcoming musical performance. She likes to make stuff. You'll see.)
5) Made green chile chicken burrito and only ate one. My husband Sam, only ate one, too. We both wanted a 2nd one, but are watching our weight. (Blogger and her husband have a hard time resisting food, so this is a rather momentous day, indeed.)
That was my Tuesday, how 'bout you?